Saturday, May 28, 2011

Finally ate at Bob's

 


My time in Burbank was coming to an end and I knew I had to get back to Bob's to try their burger.  Finally I made it happen.  The building itself is very cool and retro.  It's the original Bob's and they sell T-shirts and banks with Bob displayed.  It is in a part of Burbank call Toluca Lake.  Fairly upscale and a lot of walk-by traffic.  I sat outside on the patio and ordered the cheese burger.  The service was fine, nothing special.  The burger arrived and right away I noticed the dressing.  I always forget that Burger joints in CA seem to think that Thousand Island dressing needs to be on every burger.  They call it their Special sauce.  I've said it a few times but I'm saying it again, I hate 1000 Island dressing!  It's the same no matter what you call it.     So, I scrapped it off and put the burger back together.  The burger was just okay.  It wasn't anything special.  Honestly it tasted like a typical diner burger.  It was  a little overdone and the cheese was American.  The bun was non descript and the toppings were lettuce and tomato.  The fries were the meaty kind which I like but definitely from a bag and dumped in a fryer.   
Overall I'd say that the experience of eating in the location, watching the people walk by, looking at the memorabilia posted in the lobby made it worthwhile.  It brought back all those memories of childhood.  The food was just okay.  I took my photo's and checked the location off my list. On to the next Burger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment