Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hook Burger

A couple of weeks ago when I was down in Burbank, I saw that a Hook Burger was getting ready to open in the shopping center by my hotel.  Hook Burger is owned by the same team that owns The Habit.  This is a bit more upscale then The Habit along with a full bar.   When I went back last week, they were open and I decided to give them a shot.  I am a big fan of the Habit so I was expecting big things.
First, the new spot is inviting with plenty of outdoor seating and a friendly staff.  You can tell they just opened because everything is spotless and the staff was all smiles.   I ordered the Hickory Burger which comes with Bacon and onion strings and an order of sweet potato fries.  
The burger was giant.  I'm not sure my mouth is big enough for this burger (no comments needed here!) 
This was a tasty burger.  The BBQ sauce was slightly sweet, the onion strings were crunchy and the meat was perfectly cooked. Due to the size, it was a bit messy but I managed to scrape up my leftovers with a fork.   My only complaint was the bun.  It just didn't have much flavor to it.  I thought the bun lacked something but I'm not sure what.  The sweet potato fries were also good but maybe not the best I've ever had.  I still dream about the ones at Umami Burger!  These were good but nothing special.  It was also nice to have a beer with the burger, not something that's available at all burger spots.
Overall it was a thumbs up experience.  The location is great, the people are nice and the food is delicious.  I look forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment