Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fish burger

Tuna sliders
Just got back from Florida and I'm excited to share a couple of reviews from the beach.  I guess I can't call them burgers because honestly they were fish sandwiches.   First- I stayed the first 4 nights at the Orlando Marriott convention center.  The first day I got there early and was able to spend the day by the pool.   I ate at the little lunch cafe overlooking the fun.  The food wasn't earth shattering but there is something delicious about sitting in the sun and drinking a fancy cocktail and eating a fish sandwich.  Ordered the tuna sliders.  3 little burgers with fresh tuna, lightly seared and topped with a ginger coleslaw.  Pretty tasty though I have to say the coleslaw over powered the tuna.  I ended up scrapping off the last burger and eating it plane. 
Two Georges
A few days later I was in Delray Beach Florida visiting with 2 of my dearest friends and went had lunch at 2 Georges.  We've been going there for lunch ever since I've been going to Florida.  At least for the past 20 years.  It has changed over the years.  It use to just be a lunch shack where the boats would pull up and dock.  Now it has condo surrounding it and valet parking.  Crazy!  But the fish sandwich, grilled with cheese is still killer.  Perfectly cooked and simple.  It is dolphin fish (Similar to Mahi mahi)   Served with nice fat fries and coleslaw.  Mix that with a cold cocktail and you have a fabulous lunch.  The bread wasn't anything special but that's okay.  The fish made up for it. 
Eating with best friends, sitting in the sun looking at the water and having fresh fish equals perfection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment