Sunday, August 30, 2009

5 Guys


I just got back from a weeks vacation in Virginia and decided to post a review of an East Coast burger. Everyone kept telling me to try 5 Guys. They are known up and down the east coast for a great burger. So, Michelle, Brooke, Mom and I piled in the car one day and headed out. The boys decided they would rather have pizza and would meet up with us later.
They have quite the menu to choose from. Every topping you could possibly want for your burger. I got the basic burger with tomato, lettuce, ketcup and mayo. Mom and I split an order of fries while Michelle and Brooke also split an order. Only Brooke decided to go crazy and order a hot dog instead of a burger.
The burger was good. Well cooked, juicy and the bread was nice. I liked the burger but I'm not sure it was the best I've had. But, it was mighty good. The fries were delicious, thin and freshly cut and fried. They have stacks of potatoes in the front of the store and they list on a board where the potatoes come from that they are fixing this particular day. I managed to clean my plate. The atmosphere was fine, clean and large. Nothing too special. If the 5 Guys ever decide to head west, I'd tell burger fans in CA to give it a try.
8 Buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment