Saturday, January 22, 2011

Burger Bar

I spent 3 days this week in beautiful SF. It had been a while since I had been in the city so it was nice to explore a bit. I ate dinner the first night at Hubert Kellers, Burger Bar. http://www.burger-bar.com/ I was excited because it was Hubert Keller and he is an incredible chef. But, once again I didn't order the right thing! What is wrong with me when I go to these fancy burger places? I think I get excited and decide to not order just the plain old burger. This time I went with the sliders because I thought it would allow me to experience more then one of his famous hamburgers.
The problem with sliders is that they aren't big enough to allow them to be cooked to order so they are almost always dry and slightly overcooked. It's just too hard to get a burger that small just right. And these were the smallest sliders I've ever seen! I should have gone with the full size burger and had the true experience. Shoot! One of the sliders was Buffalo, one was Angus and one was Country Natural beef. Over all they were average. The fries were the yummy skinny fries but nothing super special with them either. But... the dessert menu was to die for! They had a Nuttella Milkshake and a Twinkie milkshake on the menu. Plus, a Nuttella burger that was described as a donut with Nuttella in it. I ended up getting the Irish Coffee milkshake. It was Coffee icecream, Coffee Liquor, Irish Whiskey, Caramel sauce, chocolate sauce and Chocolate covered coffee beans. It was heaven in a cup!

One more plus for the restaurant.. I sat in the bar by the window overlooking Union Square. The view was fabulous.
I would give the burgers and fries a 5, the dessert a 10 and the view a 10. Since the burgers weigh the most in the rating, I'm going to give the overall experience a 7. Next time I'll try the full burger!

No comments:

Post a Comment