Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year - 2011


What happened to 2010? As you can see, I didn't eat a lot of burgers. Actually I ate a few but didn't take the time to blog about them. And getting a 16 year old to blog about what he likes or doesn't like in a burger is much harder then you would expect. He is exceptional with eating the burgers but not so much with writing about them. I tried bribing him with paying for the meal if he would write but that didn't work so well. I paid, he didn't write.
This year, I am committing to 1 burger a month. Not just any old burger but a carefully planned out one. I'll drag John along but not expect him to write afterwards (if he does it will just be a nice surprise!) Instead I'll look at it as a way to bond with a teenager. There won't be a lot of that time left as he finishes up high school and moves into college. Holy cow! Hard to believe that little guy is now a big guy.
I doubt anyone still reads this but that's okay. I'll give it a couple of post and then send it out to the world.
One photo to get stuff started....
In November I flew to Atlanta for a job interview. While there I had dinner at Flipped. It is the new burger joint owned by Richard Blais from Top Chef. Totally cool place, very hip and trendy. For whatever reason I decided I didn't want a burger and ordered the Shrimp Po-boy instead. Big mistake. It was not that great. Plus I got fried pickles so it was too much fried food. I should have gone with the burger. Next time.
eat up and always order a side of fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment