Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Crocker

Last Sunday Jane and I went to check out the New Crocker Museum.
Jane just bought a yearly pass and with that she can take a guest. I have never been to the musuem. Seems hard to believe that I've lived here for 4 years and yet I've never checked it out. This past year it was expanded and improved. It is a beautiful building and they did a great job with the space and the light. After walking the main galleries, we checked out the cafe. I had read an article that said they had one of the best Burgers in town. It doesn't hurt that it is run by the Mulvaney's who own one of the top restaurants in Sacramento.
Jane ordered the burger and I got the pulled pork. Both were excellent. The burger was well cooked, had a nice flavor and the bun held together nicely. Not too greasy and not too messy. My pulled pork was also delicious. Extremely tender and served on a bed of soft polenta. Since it is just a cafe and not a burger joint, there wasn't a lot of options for toppings. I'm not sure that I am going to give it a rating. I'm starting to think the rating part of the blog isn't as effective as I would like. I haven't had too many bad burgers and it doesn't seem fair to rate a full scale restaurant against a greasy spoon burger joint. I'll have to figure that part out. Overall I'd give it a big thumbs up. The price was right ($9), the fries were yummy and the burger was tasty. If you want to experience a little art and have a nice lunch afterwards.... check out the Crocker!

No comments:

Post a Comment