Saturday, August 18, 2012

Going to Hell

Ray's Hell Burger!  
http://rayshellburger.com/

I was in Virginia last week visiting the family and we decided to hit a burger joint.  I did a little research and one burger joint kept coming  up-  Ray's Hell Burger.  Since it wasn't far out of the way, we decided to visit it after a day at the National Cathedral.  The Cathedral was pretty darn fabulous but a bit hot and exhausting.  A burger and a shake were just what was needed. 
The place is definitely a hole in the wall.  Nothing fancy about this place.  You walk up and place your order and then they bring it out to you.  No frills.  I got the basic Cheese burger, my usual.
The burger was pretty  great.  It tasted just like the kind you prepare at home.  Really thick and juicy.  The meat was very tasty.  So big I could hardly bite into it and what I loved was it was not all the toppings that made it so big, it was the actual burger.  The bun was a nice sweet egg bun which held together nicely.
I decided to go with the chocolate milkshake instead of fries.  Good choice.  Really good and creamy.
If you are looking for a great environment or something other than a burger, this is probably not the place for you.  But if you are looking for a great burger and you don't care so much about the decorations of the locations,  Ray's Hell Burger is perfect.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment